Protect Our Seattle Neighborhoods!
The City Council is prepared to pass legislation that will change your single-family neighborhood and EVERY Seattle neighborhood forever.
Don’t you have a right to really understand the impacts?
The city has proposed new laws and legislation to significantly increase density in all of Seattle’s neighborhoods.
Those laws include:
- Allowing the construction of 3 homes on every single-family lot, including the ones right next door to you.
- No longer requiring owners to live on the property, creating a boon for developers and speculators who can add three residences per property without any stake in the neighborhood.
- No longer requiring off-street parking for each residence. Imagine the impact of all these extra cars on your street?
- Allowing up to 12 unrelated people to live on each lot. Just what you hoped for when you bought that home (and remember, no extra parking spots).
- There’s much more: Get all the details on our Issues page.
As part of this process, city officials were required to perform a study of the potential impacts. That study glossed over those impacts, recklessly concluding they’re so small that they can simply be disregarded. The Queen Anne Community Council has filed a legal appeal on the grounds that the study is deficient and inadequate.
Here’s one example of why: The views below are of “existing conditions” in the city’s study. Has your street ever had that much parking available?
The Community Council fully supports responsible moves toward the increased density our city needs, but this isn’t simply a box to be checked. Changes this big require thoughtful consideration, not hurried leaps of faith. We’re demanding the city be thorough, exact, comprehensive and realistic about its plans.
We need your financial help for this appeal to be successful in holding the city accountable to every Seattle’s homeowner. Please join the hundreds of folks who have already contributed: